Read about us to ensure your work is a good fit. All work is published online biannually (September & February). We proudly award virtual residency programme and the Funso O. Richard Prize to writers as our way of reward and compensation.
1. Issue/Magazine submissions close for February Issue: from January 15th to February 15th; and for September Issue: from August 15th to September 15th.
2. We do not accept previously published material. All submissions must be free of plagiarism.
3. We accept simultaneous submissions. Just let us know immediately your work is accepted elsewhere.
4. No cover letter. Your biographical statement is enough and shouldn’t be more than 50 words.
5. We respond generally within one month from submission. Contact us if longer than that.
6. We ask for first serial rights and the right to keep a copy of the publication in our archives. All other rights revert back to the author after publication.
7. We accept ONLY files in .doc or .docx format for written works, JPEG format for photography and other art pieces.
FOR FICTION & FLASH FICTION
We’re looking for fresh stories captured from fresh perspectives, irrespective of theme, setting, and form, as long as these stories are:
– NOT more than 3500 words (for Fiction) and 1500 words (for flash fiction)
– Free from spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors
– Written in English (with a glossary of non-English words provided when necessary).
– Typed in Times New Roman (12pt) and double-spaced.
FOR ESSAY & PHOTOGRAPHY
Send us your short and long arguments on matters you feel passionate about. Feel free to adopt a formal or informal tone.
We welcome photographs, paintings, illustrations, and cartoon portfolios in JPEG format ONLY.
We’re particularly looking for writings and art pieces that explore contemporary issues that are shaping the reality around us.
– Essay should be between 800-1500 words.
– MUST be plagiarism free and references must be made appropriately when necessary.
– Be typed in Times New Roman (12pt) and double-spaced.
– Photos and art MUST be the original work of the artist.
– Minimum of three (3) and maximum ten (10) in one submission and submitted as a single file.
FOR POETRY & PROSE POETRY
Send us everything that makes you sleep, keeps you awake, breaks your heart and repairs it. Everything that rusts and unrusts you. Send us your flaws and strengths, awesome and bizarre, brilliant and outrageous. However, please note your entry must:
– Not be more than two poems attached in a single file.
– Be written in English and free of plagiarism.
– Be typed in Times New Romans (12pt) and single-spaced.
– Not be more than three (3) pages long or 40 lines for each poem — a total of 80 lines.